I love dips! I especially love hummus but oftentimes I’m running around and don’t have time to cook the chickpeas and don’t want to resort to using them from a can. (I avoid cans because of the chemicals associated.) This dip is a tasty alternative and works great as a salad dressing or a substitute for mayo.
Chickpeas are known to cause uncomfortable gas and bloating but since this hummus is zucchini instead of bean-based, it gets digested much easier. Not only is it bean-free, it’s properly food combined.
This hummus is super easy to make. Simply throw all the ingredients in a small blender or mini food processor and blend until smooth. Cut up some veggies and you have a delicious healthy snack in no time!
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Put all ingredients into small food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Adjust ingredients to taste